The applications of lattice structures are extremely versatile. Wherever conventional approaches have their limits, it is worthwhile to push the limits with the advantages of lattice structures.
- Material Usage Optimization: Even today, 3D printing material represents up to 60% of the cost of a 3D printed part. Optimizing the material usage has a direct impact on resources and sustainability
- Weight Reduction: Lightweight optimization is one of the biggest challenges in many industries and strongly linked to the performance. The effect is enormous, especially for moving objects, and has a direct impact on the overall cost of the part
- Fluid Flow and Heat Dissipation: Robustness and strength in combination with the possibility of fluid flow/heat dissipation. This is a real challenge and requires specialized solutions
Pick a specific area of your part to be enhanced by lattice structures and match the properties of your lattice structure to the design or engineering target criteria.
Combined with avant-garde 3D printing technologies traditional limitations and conditions can be overcome by lattices.
- With lattice structures, you can save up to 80% of 3D printing material on a given volume, maintaining dimensional accuracy and mechanical properties
- Parts can be both incredibly strong and surprising light at the same time. Not only, since lattice structures consist mainly of empty space, but you can also create much lighter components that use the material far more efficiently
- Through lattice structures, you can achieve a wide array of mechanical properties from the same original material. In the same piece, you can implement areas made up of the same materials but with completely different mechanical responses to pressure, stress, or force
- Fluid flow and heat dissipation can be solved through lattice design, offering both robustness and strength