Finding an efficient part design can be well solved using topology-, shape- or sizing optimization in an early design phase. However, the time and expert knowledge to set up such a simulation is not always available, especially when a simulation needs to be run multiple times due to changing constraints.
- The knowledge of how to use topology-, shape- or sizing optimization in an early design stage is not known to every engineer.
- If boundary conditions change, the preprocessing for a simulation must be set up again with high effort.
- Design studies for generative design are usually shied away from due to the manual effort and thus potential remains unused
ELISE embeds the simulation capability of OptiStruct’s optimizations into a rule-based low-code environment. This allows automating the pre- & post-processing of the optimization independent of changing boundary conditions and geometries.
ELISE allows the highly parametric and rule-based modeling of optimization scenarios, which can be defined by the CAD functionalities of ELISE in a mesh independent approach and can then be stored, shared, and recycled in an automated workflow.
- Saving the IP of optimization expert knowledge in workflows
- Democratization of optimization knowledge by passing on expert knowledge to colleagues, e.g. from the design department
- Rule-based generation of OptiStruct models, which can be reused independent of geometry and boundary conditions